GETTING A UAE RESIDENCE VISA
Count on our team to facilitate the efficient and seamless acquisition of UAE residence visas for your employees and family members. Our process is swift, hassle-free, and proven.
Getting A UAE Residence Visa is Easy With Us
Find out why the United Arab Emirates, with its growing money system and attractive main city of Abu Dhabi, is so interesting. This busy place attracts chances to invest money and start new businesses. The UAE is attractive to people and families because it has a good quality of life.
You need a UAE residence visa if you’re thinking about moving to the country. This visa lets people put money into the country and also helps set up a permanent home for them. This guide gives you detailed information on how to get a residence visa in the UAE, helping you understand what is needed and why.
Understanding the UAE Residence Visa
A UAE residence visa is an official paper allowing foreigners to live in the United Arab Emirates for long periods. In contrast to short-stay visa possibilities such as tourist visas, residence is generally valid for two or three years upon issue, extendable by 10 years.
Because foreigners hoping to live here indefinitely have no choice but to move, obtaining a residence visa becomes essential. Most expatriates choose to renew their visas periodically so that they and other members of their families may stay for a longer term.
The UAE residence visa application process could be more transparent. Funnel out critical information to get an inkling of the journey that lies in store for you.
How Can I Become a UAE Resident?
Getting residency in the UAE can be achieved via various means depending on circumstances and preferences. The avenues to UAE residency encompass:
- Employment: Landing a job in the UAE.
- Entrepreneurship: Setting up a business in the UAE.
- Freelancing: A freelance permit for the UAE.
- Education: University or college.
- Dependents: A dependent of a present resident.
- Golden Visa: Obtaining a UAE Golden Visa.
- Property Ownership: With property worth more than 1 million AED.
Out of these options, starting up a business in the UAE is definitely the fastest route to obtaining a visa. It requires the use of your legal name to open a company under authorities governing business registration in the UAE. You may also choose to go through a business registration group, of which there are over 40 in the UAE. The company’s application process is simple and all fees involved straightforwardly laid out at upfront prices that won’t burn a hole in your wallet.
What Are the Residency Options for UAE Visa Holders?
After you get a residence visa for the UAE, any Emirate will also do. With a UAE visa in Dubai or another Emirate, you can find an apartment and establish residence anywhere that suits your fancy. You are free to live anywhere in the Emirates.
But knowing that you can only get a driver’s license in the Emirate of the issuance visa is essential. For example, if you open a business in Dubai or want to drive there, you must have your Dubai driver’s license.
Many people live in Dubai because it has excellent entertainment amenities and cutting-edge infrastructure. However, one thing to remember is that the costs of staying there may be higher than in other Emirates.
Navigating the Procedure to Obtain a Residence Visa in the UAE
However, obtaining a UAE residence visa through setting up a mainland company is easy. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Register your company: First, register your company in the UAE.
- Get an establishment card: You should get one after your company is registered.
- Receive your entry permit: Get an entry permit for the UAE.
- Apply for an Emirates ID: Obtain an Emirates ID, a necessary identifying card.
- Take your required medical tests: Complete the necessary medical examinations.
- Stamp your passport with your UAE visa: After completing the medical examinations, your ticket will be stamped with a UAE residence visa.
The visa procedure can be done mostly from your country of residence. Yet bear in mind that medical tests and passport stamping are only possible in the UAE, which usually takes about five business days. You won’t be able to go abroad during this time, so make your schedule appropriate.
How Much Does It Cost to Become a UAE Resident?
Depending on what type of visa you hold and the Emirate in which your company is registered, there are a number of different fees for becoming an official UAE resident. Here are some general considerations:
- Visa Fees: The cheapest visa fees usually apply to the northern Emirates of Umm Al Quwain, Sharjah, Ras al Khaimah, and Ajman.
- Business Location Impact: Starting a business in Dubai will cost you slightly higher fees. The reason is the rising costs of registration for doing business in Dubai, as well as obligatory health insurance coverage.
It is important to look into and understand the exact costs entailed in establishing your business and obtaining residency in each Emirate where you want to set up shop. Every Emirate may have a different fee structure and requirements.
What Advantages Come with Obtaining a UAE Residence Visa?
There are many advantages to becoming one of the 8.84 million expats in the UAE. Here are some benefits:
Convenient Visits: You may freely and conveniently journey to the UAE as often as you desire without constantly applying for tourist visas. It is particularly conducive to citizens of countries that may not qualify for tourist visas in the UAE by initial criteria.
Bank Account Access: Getting residency in UAE makes opening bank accounts in Dubai easy. This is a big plus for investors and corporations who want to extend their operations into the UAE. Having an account in a local bank makes financial transactions and business operations much smoother.
What Are the Procedures for Sustaining My UAE Residence Visa?
Maintaining your residence visa in the UAE is a relatively simple matter. Here’s what you need to do:
Make sure you enter the UAE at least once every six months. This small detail allows you to keep your visa valid. If this condition is not met, one may have to reapply for a visa.
What is the Process for Renewing a UAE Residence Visa?
Obtaining a new visa in the UAE is quite simple. Follow these steps for a hassle-free renewal:
- Check your health condition at a medical examination center about 1-2 weeks before you get a visa.
- During the medical examination, undergo all necessary tests.
- After you get your medical results, send the report and passport to Immigration.
- Your ticket will be stamped by the immigration office, further extending your stay in the UAE.
How Can I Obtain a Long-Term Residence Visa in the UAE?
Now long-term residence visas have made it easier than ever to extend your stay in the UAE. Here’s how you can apply for a 5-year or 10-year visa:
High-Value Investor Category:
Put between 5 and 10 million AED into real estate, business or investment funds.
Collect the required documents to accompany your investment.
Talented Professionals or Researchers Category:
Prove expertise in the fields of art, medicine or science.
Prepare evidence of your talents and accomplishments.
Once you fulfill the conditions for one of these two categories, then you may apply to visit UAE. For this visa is more elongated stay in country without too much need for renewing frequently.
What is the Procedure for Cancelling My UAE Residence Visa?
It’s usually quite simple to cancel one, as illustrated by the following example. Your visa sponsor might be your business or employer, family (parent; spouse), or some authority of a UAE government such position listed below may apply based on its jurisdiction: Here are some key points to consider:
- Cancellation must be initiated by the visa sponsor, depending on the relationship.
- Sponsors may be such bodies as businesses, employers or parents; spouses and government authorities.
- For each person cancellin a visa, the relevant paperwork must be done.
- Depending on the sponsor and circumstance, paperwork may differ.
Eligibility for Benefits:
There are some sponsors who offer health and salary benefits upon cancellation.
When you want to cancel a visa, it will have different rules based on if this happens in the UAE or another country.
To be safe, learn about the special visa cancel things and steps that are needed for your situation.
Cancelling a Visa in the UAE
Ending your visa is the easiest way to stop being a resident in UAE. People in the UAE can quickly begin getting rid of their visas by sending their passports to who issued them. Then, you must wait for the visa cancellation process that comes after. This usually means we have to wait for a few days up to some weeks.
Cancelling a Visa Outside the UAE
How Do I Cancel a UAE Residence Visa?
Once you’ve identified the appropriate authority to cancel your visa, it’s time to initiate the process, bearing in mind that the issuing authority must cancel the visa. Various authorities issue visas, including Free Zones and GDRFAD for Dubai Mainland Visas.
After determining the correct authority, you have three options to proceed with the cancellation process:
Using the ICA or GDRFAD online services: Access online services provided by the ICA (Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship) or GDRFAD (General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in Dubai) to facilitate the cancellation.
Visiting an approved typing center: Alternatively, you can visit an approved typing center to process the cancellation.
Using the GDRFAD or ICA mobile app: Utilize the mobile applications provided by GDRFAD or ICA to navigate the visa cancellation steps.
It’s essential to note that these methods are applicable for canceling Mainland visas. For Free Zone visas, the cancellation process involves visiting the issuing authority directly instead of utilizing government special services. Below are guidelines for canceling a visa using each of these approaches.
Cancellation of a UAE Visa via GDRFAD Online Services
You can start the visa cancellation process as such: Access GDRFAD’s online portal. On the portal, find and click on option titled Cancellation of residency visa.
When you click, a new page will be opened. Go to the bottom of the screen and click on “Start Service.”
That action will take you to a special login page. Here, you will be asked to provide details and bring documentation.
Fill out the form carefully following instructions. Subsequent to the work being finished, you should expect either a phone call or an e-mail confirming that your application has been submitted successfully.
Cancelling Your UAE Residence Visa Using a Typing Centre
When personally visiting a typing center in Dubai or elsewhere to cancel your UAE residence visa, remember that you’ll need the following documents:
- Document Gathering: Gather all the documents needed to cancel your visa.
- Visit an Approved Typing Centre: Go to the nearest approved typing center. Once there, the agents will give you all the necessary forms and help fill them out.
- Submission of Documents: If agents at the typing center ask you to turn over any documents, do so. At this point, the center will assume responsibility for further steps in withdrawal.
- Process Completion: The typing center will take care of the following steps, and you can cancel your visa without unnecessary contact with administrative procedures.
What Documents Are Required to Cancel a UAE Residence Visa?
If you choose to proceed with the cancellation of your UAE residence visa, ensure that you have the following essential documents ready:
- Signed Copy of Cancellation Paper: Prepare a signed copy of the cancellation document.
- Labour Card and Emirates ID: Add the labor card and Emirates ID to your list of necessary documents.
- Original Passport: Have your original passport at hand.Clearance Document from the Ministry of Human
- Resources and Emiratisation: attach a clearance certificate from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation.
With these documents in hand, canceling your UAE visa will be simple.
Secure Your UAE Residence Visa Today
Getting a UAE residence visa is a big step in making this lovely place your new house. Use this guide and getting your visa becomes not so hard.
If you want to start on the journey of becoming a UAE resident, then please get in touch with our team. We are here to help you make your dream of living in the UAE come true.