Trademark Registration In Dubai
Trademark registration in Dubai
Trademark is a name, image or emblem that can be customized and used to establish various types of goods or services provided by a particular company. A trademark is a reputation, words, signature, letter, symbol, drawing, figure, inscription, image which is significantly used to distinguish a collection of goods and services of a business.
- There are several advantages for registering logos in Dubai, like you can protect your brand and make different changes that cannot be copied by other companies or no one can imitate your trademark.
- The Dubai Ministry of Economy is the official authority that governs the registration, renewal and cancellation of your trademark.
Trademark Registration in Dubai?
There are some limitations which you have to keep in mind while registering a trademark in Dubai. If you would like to register a Dubai trademark, it should not contain any of the following:
- Offenses against public morals and religions
- Public symbols (such as flags)
- Symbols like for nongovernmental organization and Red Crescent
- Names or titles of third parties
- Direct translations of alternative well-known logos
There are also further limitations that you should always think about while trademarking your company, and you can find out this by contacting the ministry of economy.
Who can apply for Trademark registration?
An individual who needs to differentiate his product or service of a business by trademark then he should file for trademark registration in Dubai and moreover as in those jurisdictions wherever they are required to be protected.
- However, it is not necessary that everybody who works in Dubai will get a trademark or apply for trademark registration.
- People of Dubai moreover as natural and artificial persons engaged in any economic, technological, technical, or service sector.
- Foreigners, moreover as natural and artificial persons engaged in any economic, technological, technical, or service sector.
How you can register your trademark in Dubai
Trademark registration process is quite simple and easy but it is definitely necessary while you are registering a trademark, you should follow some steps and required procedure.
- You should be 100% sure that your trademark is original and is not already registered. There are different tools which are available online to check for trademark originality. If the trademark is already used by a company then you can’t use it for your business.
- Next step is to fill the form on the ministry of economy. Here you can go to services on the website’s homepage and then select e-services from the respective menu. After this you have to select the trademark option from the service page then select trademark registration from the new application option. Now the option for filling out the form will come and you should fill the required information with relevant documents.
- You should pay the registration fees in Dubai.
- After submitting the application form you should have to pay the fees for trademark registration in Dubai through the ministry of economy.
- If the information on your form application is correct and doesn’t break any law then the ministry of economy will take 30 days and approve it.
- The next step is to announce to two local newspapers about your trademark registration for a company. The Ministry of economy will publish this in the newspaper on your behalf when you pay them AED 1000.
Finally the trademark registration certificate is received. It has different and essential details like Registration number, trade name and the investor name, the trademark and all the description of goods and services which fall under the business.
Documents required for Trademark registration
- Logo of trademark
- Copy of the business trade license
- Power of attorney of business
- Passport copy
- Priority documents
- Types of goods and services which should be protected
Benefits of Trademark registration in Dubai
It protects the goods and Product and complete identity of the business.
It enables the customers to see the original brand product which is necessary for the growth of the business and helps them to remove the duplicate products.
It ensures the superior quality of the product and increases the trust of the client’s.
Trademark Registration protects against other Trade Companies who sell defective goods/services.
How will our consultants help you?
The Trademark Registration method in Dubai is quite simple and easy however any type of problem that occurs in the form or throughout the document submission can lead to the rejection of the trademark.
Hence, it’s best to have interaction with a business consultant who knows all the procedures of the Trademark Registration method in Dubai. We offer end-to-end help in obtaining your whole trademark registered in Dubai at the quickest attainable time with reasonable fee.
Our team extends and gives complete support in registering a trademark in Dubai so that all legal requirements of companies with multiple goods and services are fulfilled. Our professional experts will help you in the procedure of gaining trademark registration without any problem. We are always ready to help our clients in any manner we can.