Product Registration in Dubai Municipality
Product Registration in Dubai
The Dubai Municipality has imposed strict process to control and regulate the imported and the manufactured products and the product registration in the Dubai market.Dubai’s Product registration certify the consumer safety and keep check on the import of fake goods that may risk and hamper the safety, health, & the hygiene of its citizens.
The Dubai Municipality authorities have mandated the requirement that all the products, either cosmetics, food & beverages or the health related products should be registered and regulated with the Dubai Municipality of the respective emirates in accordance with its legal authorities and regulations. Dubai Municipality prohibits the goods production, imports, export & the marketing of the personal care goods and products, food and beverages, cosmetics and basic medicinal products that are not registered under the regulations.
What is the Product Registration In Dubai Municipality?
- The product registration requirement in Dubai Municipality is made compulsory in Dubai, UAE to regulate and process the import, good manufacturing, and marketing & Branding of all products. The “Municipality” of each “emirate” is the complete authority with which the importers and all local manufacturers are required to register their goods and the products. The “product registration process in Dubai” ensures that the packaging and the information in the products displays all the required and necessary information to the customers. The “product registration in Dubai ”, benefits the authorities to check whether the manufacturers and the importers of the products are following the consumer safety standards. The process of “product registration” is common with all the Dubai municipalities of the emirates, for example: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Fujairah, Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, Ajman & Ras Al Khaimah.
Who Should Apply for Product Registration in Dubai, UAE?
- Local Manufacturers
- Importers of Products
a) Local Manufacturers:
The companies in Dubai that manufacture food and beverages, costly cosmetics or any other goods and products within the UAE are mandated to “register their products” with the Dubai Municipality. The local product manufacturers must then approach the “Consumer Products Safety Section ” in Dubai to confirm that their products and goods are registered. The shareholders of the company are asked to confirm that their products have received a proper certifications and test before the goods are imported or enter the UAE market.
b) Importers of Products:
The companies that manufacture products and goods overseas are mandated to “register the products with the Dubai Municipality” for importing the products into the Dubai market. It is compulsory for the shareholders of the organization to make sure that the products are well registered before it reaches Dubai, UAE.
Process of Products Registration with Dubai Municipality:
- Ensure Valid License
- Register with the Municipality
- Completion of Registration
The process of “registering the products” with Dubai municipality & various other Dubai municipalities all across the UAE is almost the same process. Companies are mandate to register the products with the local municipality of emirates, where the various other trade license is issued.Another point that is important in the process of “product registration in Dubai” is that the products or the brand is compulsory to be registered multiple times if available in the various sizes, package, quality and quantity.
- Ensure Valid License:
The Dubai Municipality” mandates that the “product registration in Dubai” can only be performed by companies set up in the Dubai Mainland or in any other free zones in Dubai. Availability of “valid license” is a requirement for the companies to get their “product registration” regulated by the Dubai Municipality.
- Register with the Municipality:
The companies in Dubai need to “register with the Municipality” after making sure that they have a valid trade license. The companies need to apply for the “Products Registration Service Application in Dubai” to start the steps and pay for the product registration fees. The company owner is required to fill the form in detail for each of the products. The company owner is also mandated to submit the copy of a “label assessment” of the products that is required to be registered.
- Completion of Registration:
After submitting the relevant documents, Dubai Municipality will review your Dubai Products Registration application and then check the validity of your submitted documents. If the Municipality accepts that the products are in legal compliance of the UAE and with its regulations, the products will be approved and “registered”, then the electronic registration certificate will be automatically granted. The validity of the product registration in Dubai is for 5 years.
The List of various products that must be registered in Dubai, UAE are the following:
- Food & Beverages Products
- General Cosmetic Products
- Pharmaceutical Products
List of Products that are banned in the UAE:
- Narcotic Drugs
- Goods manufactured in Israel
- Betel Leaves
- e cigarettes
- Gambling products
List of Goods that are tagged in Dubai with restrictive status are the following:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Rough or raw diamonds
- Mass media related products
- Nuclear Energy products
Please Feel Free To Contact Us. We Will Get Back To You With 1-2 Business Days.