Middle East's Economic Zones
Setting up a business in Middle East's Economic Zones
Dubai is fast becoming the most vibrant economic and business hub in the world. It is an important focal point of the Middle East which contributes a major share towards the GDP of the UAE. A rapidly growing city with fantastic weather and world-class infrastructure, Dubai is destined to be the new Dubai – the next commercial center in the region. There has been an enormous growth in both the commercial and tourist traffic in Dubai over the past few years and this has created enormous opportunities for companies and international businesses that are looking to establish their base in Dubai and grow their business in this financially developing yet spectacular city of the UAE. Economic zones are emerging all across the city and this makes the opportunities to be explored and implemented by business owners and investors with Dubai Real Estate to be unparalleled.
Process of Company Registration In Dubai
The economic zones in Dubai have been recognized as the ideal locations for doing business. These zones play a very crucial role in shaping the character and future of the city and its economy. They are designed and built to bring together the various aspects of the business community in one place. They have the potential to attract and retain not only local entrepreneurs and businessmen but international businesses too. They allow easy access to Dubai’s stock exchange, massive capital market, legal system, international airport, and employment possibilities.
However, although these economic zones offer great prospects for businesses, it is important to note that there are some major drawbacks that come with them as well. Despite the huge growth in the tourism industry in Dubai, the quality of the city’s education system and healthcare sector is lagging behind the rest of the world. Security issues and lacking standard of living contribute significantly to these setbacks. But then again, these negatives are balanced out by the tremendous opportunities that exist if you are willing to take the right steps and work for it.
The Dubai Free Trade Zone provides a lot of benefits to businesses that wish to enter this global market. This is the second-largest emirate in the world and has a highly developed tourist, business, and labor sector. It also has the fastest-growing per capita income in the Middle East. Although there are still many regions in the world that require a lot of development, the sheer size of the Dubai economy is already a big attraction for most potential investors.
For those people who wish to invest in the commercial property market, they should go directly to the free zones. There, they will be given the benefit of reduced business administration fees and other related charges and added tax benefits. In addition, the legal system here is very strong and well-developed. These two factors make it a very attractive proposition for investors to get involved in the real estate market of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The UAE authorities are constantly trying to promote the growth of the commercial real estate market and license management in order to provide maximum opportunities for businesses.
Top 3 categories of licenses issued in Dubai to register a company
Depending on the nature of the activity a business entity plans to undertake, license in one of these categories will be issued:
1. Commercial License – is issued to a company who will engage in any kind of trading activity.
2. Industrial License – is issued to a company who will engage in manufacturing or any industrial activity.
3. Professional License – is issued to service providers, professionals, artisans, and craftsmen.
The Dubai Economic Department for Business Development in Dubai is the government agency who is responsible for issuing Dubai company/Business licenses. This department operates from several locations to deliver licensing services in Duabi, UAE.
- The very first step in the process of incorporating a company in Dubai is getting an effective legal name for the business entity. One can choose any name for the company including the name of the company, its address, the name of its director and the management team, and many more. The legal name of the company must comply with the laws of the country where it is incorporated. An expert firm will help you choose the name of the company accordingly. Another factor that you need to take care of is that the name of the company should not be confusing.
- Once you have selected the name of the company, you have to get the ownership of the business. If you are not aware of how do I start an LLC in Dubai, this aspect is the responsibility of the firm that you have chosen to do the task for you. As far as the ownership of the business is concerned, you need to get in touch with an experienced business lawyer who will help you carry out the procedure legally. Once you are done with the process of incorporating the company in Dubai, you need to register it at the Companies Registry. You will have to provide all the details about the nature of the business, the owners and the type of trade that you undertake. All these details are mandatory and you need to submit them along with the application form in the database maintained by the Registry.
- After getting the registration of the company, you need to register the company. This process can be done online or by visiting the Companies Registry office in the city. You need to pay a nominal fee for the registration and you need to provide the latest contact information of the directors to the registry authorities. If you are still wondering how do I start an LLC in Dubai? then you need to know that all this entire process can be completed within three months from the time of filing the first set of forms.
- Now, you need to decide about the capitalization of the business. This decision depends on your requirements and the profit margins that you can get from the business. For instance, if you are running a small retail business, then you can start a limited liability company with a capital of only a few thousand dollars. However, if you are planning to set up a manufacturing business, then you need to have a business plan that will include figures regarding the investments, profits, losses, etc. That is the reason why it is necessary to have a well-written business plan before starting the business.
- The next step in the process of how do I start an LLC in Dubai is to find a name for your company. It is not mandatory to choose the name of the company when you apply for its registration. But, if you are going to establish a limited liability company, then you have to use the name of your company or brand. Again, you have to select a trademark that will be able to represent your company and its products. For instance, if you are dealing in the manufacturing of sports equipment, then you can choose the name of the brand or you can even purchase a trademark from the trademark department of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- After you have chosen the name of your company and trademark, you need to register the name. This is done by filing the appropriate paperwork with the concerned office. However, you must remember that even if your company name is already registered, it does not mean that the name cannot be changed anytime in the future. Therefore, you have to keep this factor in mind. Even if you have registered your company’s name, you should still check on it once in a while so that you can make the necessary changes as and when necessary.
- One important point that you have to consider when you want to set up an LLC in Dubai is the formation procedure. You will have to complete the set of procedures and formalities required to get a legal registered company up and running. In addition, you will also have to abide by certain laws, regulations and rules in order to become functional as a business unit. In order to deal with these requirements, it would be better if you seek help from a company that specializes in establishing a limited liability company in Dubai. You can discuss the details of the company’s formation with this company and you can also take a look at the services that they are offering to get the ball rolling.
The economic zones have really come into their own as far as attracting tourists is concerned. People from all over the world travel to the UAE to experience its alluring culture and tradition. The tourism industry is expected to grow at an alarming rate in the coming years. Whether it is commercial or residential development or both, the economies of the economic zones are set to benefit greatly.