Company Formation at Dubai Airport Free Zones
Why Setup Business at Dubai Airport FreeZones?
Dubai Airport Free Zone is an economic free zone within Dubai, United Arab Emirates where all businesses and service providers are totally free from all forms of government control and regulation. A Dubai free zone allows businesses and service providers to earn unlimited income from the services and products they offer. It is considered as a global free trade zone, which means all goods traded here are tax free. Dubai’s economy is growing faster than the other local or foreign economies and is projected to reach a level of per capita GDP growth of 6.5% in the next decade. Dubai is considered to be one of the most attractive locations for any kind of business or service provider.
If you have a business or service establishment in Dubai or need it developed or renovated, Dubai’s free zones can be very beneficial. Dubai has a very conducive environment for developing and expanding businesses and services. There are no personal taxes payable in Dubai and business owners are not required to pay income tax. Other significant incentives include free electricity, free water and postal services.
Companies can start operations in Dubai without incurring any kind of capital investment as long as they meet the following requirements: no trade of goods, no rental or services trade, no gaming or gambling activities and no purchase or resale transactions. The laws on company formation in the free zone are different from that of the country. In order to start a business in Dubai you need a license and a registration certificate from the Dubai Industrial Property Investment Authority (IDIA). The IDIA also has the power to conduct examinations and conduct proceedings in case any company is found to be non-operative.
Company formation in the free zones of the Dubai can take up to 3 months and after this time period you will become a registered agent of the companies that you wish to trade in the free zones of the Dubai international airport. You can apply for registration at the Dubai embassy or consulate. After this you will have the responsibility of registering all your employees. This procedure is quite similar to that of applying for registration in any other country.
The next important document for the application of the operations permit is the director’s license. This license is issued by the Dubai Presidency and is also required by the Dubai Commercial Zone Authority (DCZA) to operate a food business in Dubai. For those companies that are not registered with the Dubai Commercial Zone Authority, the license can be granted by the emirate’s Company Department.
Top 3 categories of licenses issued in Dubai to register a company
Depending on the nature of the activity a business entity plans to undertake, license in one of these categories will be issued:
1. Commercial License – is issued to a company who will engage in any kind of trading activity.
2. Industrial License – is issued to a company who will engage in manufacturing or any industrial activity.
3. Professional License – is issued to service providers, professionals, artisans, and craftsmen.
The Dubai Economic Department for Business Development in Dubai is the government agency who is responsible for issuing Dubai company/Business licenses. This department operates from several locations to deliver licensing services in Duabi, UAE.
- The very first step in the process of incorporating a company in Dubai is getting an effective legal name for the business entity. One can choose any name for the company including the name of the company, its address, the name of its director and the management team, and many more. The legal name of the company must comply with the laws of the country where it is incorporated. An expert firm will help you choose the name of the company accordingly. Another factor that you need to take care of is that the name of the company should not be confusing.
- Once you have selected the name of the company, you have to get the ownership of the business. If you are not aware of how do I start an LLC in Dubai, this aspect is the responsibility of the firm that you have chosen to do the task for you. As far as the ownership of the business is concerned, you need to get in touch with an experienced business lawyer who will help you carry out the procedure legally. Once you are done with the process of incorporating the company in Dubai, you need to register it at the Companies Registry. You will have to provide all the details about the nature of the business, the owners and the type of trade that you undertake. All these details are mandatory and you need to submit them along with the application form in the database maintained by the Registry.
- After getting the registration of the company, you need to register the company. This process can be done online or by visiting the Companies Registry office in the city. You need to pay a nominal fee for the registration and you need to provide the latest contact information of the directors to the registry authorities. If you are still wondering how do I start an LLC in Dubai? then you need to know that all this entire process can be completed within three months from the time of filing the first set of forms.
- Now, you need to decide about the capitalization of the business. This decision depends on your requirements and the profit margins that you can get from the business. For instance, if you are running a small retail business, then you can start a limited liability company with a capital of only a few thousand dollars. However, if you are planning to set up a manufacturing business, then you need to have a business plan that will include figures regarding the investments, profits, losses, etc. That is the reason why it is necessary to have a well-written business plan before starting the business.
- The next step in the process of how do I start an LLC in Dubai is to find a name for your company. It is not mandatory to choose the name of the company when you apply for its registration. But, if you are going to establish a limited liability company, then you have to use the name of your company or brand. Again, you have to select a trademark that will be able to represent your company and its products. For instance, if you are dealing in the manufacturing of sports equipment, then you can choose the name of the brand or you can even purchase a trademark from the trademark department of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- After you have chosen the name of your company and trademark, you need to register the name. This is done by filing the appropriate paperwork with the concerned office. However, you must remember that even if your company name is already registered, it does not mean that the name cannot be changed anytime in the future. Therefore, you have to keep this factor in mind. Even if you have registered your company’s name, you should still check on it once in a while so that you can make the necessary changes as and when necessary.
- One important point that you have to consider when you want to set up an LLC in Dubai is the formation procedure. You will have to complete the set of procedures and formalities required to get a legal registered company up and running. In addition, you will also have to abide by certain laws, regulations and rules in order to become functional as a business unit. In order to deal with these requirements, it would be better if you seek help from a company that specializes in establishing a limited liability company in Dubai. You can discuss the details of the company’s formation with this company and you can also take a look at the services that they are offering to get the ball rolling.
After these documents have been received and the processing is complete, the applicant can expect his turn in the queue. There will be one more set of procedures for the aed business setup in Dubai – the payment of the administrative fee. It is due to this reason that the Company Formation Department at the Dubai airport presumes that the applicant already has an offshore company setup or a UAE national ID number. However, companies that have not yet received an offshore company setup or a UAE national ID number cannot expect to receive a Company Formation free zone certificate. The Company Formation free zones are awarded on the basis of the commercial presence of the applicant in Dubai.